Las Vegas is such a easy breezy place to go for a quick vacation. Four days is a perfect amount of time unless you want to see a lot of shows. I love going to Las Vegas and doing different things than just gamble and drink all day. I have rounded up 10 free or nearly free things to do in Las Vegas that you never would have thought to do!
1. See the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign – I mean duh! Go as early as you can to avoid long lines.
2. Visit the Seven Magic Mountains – I love nature and I love art so this is right up my alley. You won’t spend too much time here. It’s fun to take some pictures and really soak in the beauty of these rock formations and the surrounding desert. The colors are still vibrant after spending years below the hot Nevada sun.
3. Visit Red Rock Canyon – $15 per car – Red Rock Canyon is breathtaking! It’s the craziest thing to get out of your car and notice how silent it is. This is probably another place that gets busier as the day goes on. It’s also at least 15 degrees cooler then the city. We got there right as it opened at 8 a.m., there were a few other groups but it’s so big that it felt like we had the Canyon to ourselves. There are 15 stops along the way for you to drive to and stop. If you’re a biker, this is a great hilly trail.
4. Visit Fremont Street – Looking for some fun people watching? Fremont Street is the place to be! It’s the home of old Vegas and the best time to go is at night. It’s also home of the Heart Attack Grill which is definitely a site to see!
5. Visit the Container Park – Have you ever seen stores made out of shipping containers? Me neither until I went to the Container Park in downtown Las Vegas. It’s three levels of shops and restaurants all unique in the fact that it consists of 26 shipping containers. There’s even a wedding chapel in one of the containers.
6. Visit the Hoover Dam – $10 per car – The Hoover Dam is cool especially if you’re a history buff.
7. Watch a mermaid show at Silverton Casino – The show lasts an hour and a half with 15 minute intermissions throughout giving the “mermaid” time in between. The tank was created by the Tanked stars. Right next to the 117,000 gallon fish tank is a smaller fish tank above the bar featuring jellyfish. Click here to see the daily schedule.
8. Hang by the pool – Pool life is hopping in Vegas. Depending on how warm it is you might have to scout out some chairs early, especially on the weekends. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
9. Visit Ethel M. Chocolates and Botanical Gardens – Chocolate and cacti, need I say more? Ethel M. Chocolates is a chocolate factory that offers a viewing window and chocolate tasting classes. The Botanical Gardens is the largest botanical cactus garden in the south west. Over 300 species of plants can be found on the grounds.
10. Watch The Fountains of Bellagio Show – The show is every 30 minutes during the day starting at 3 p.m. and every 15 minutes from 8 p.m. to midnight. The show starts earlier on the weekends. They use a wide range of music so you are sure to see a different show every time.
Shop my looks