I have found the easiest copycat recipe for Wendy’s Frosty’s. Anything that has to do with ice cream, now that’s my jam! I actually haven’t had a Wendy’s Frosty in about 5 years until about a week ago. What have I been doing with my life that I don’t eat them more? Oh that’s right, I’ve been staying away from fast food. Anyways, when I got a frosty the other day, I thought there had to be an easy way to recreate them at home with my Cuisinart Gelateria Ice Cream Maker. The answer is yes, yes there is!
We purchased the 2 qt. Cuisinart Gelateria Ice Cream Maker at Sur la Table over this past summer when we did our first cooking class, Celebration Cakes. It actually was an impulse buy and it took us months to actually take it out of the box and figure out how to use it. Once we got a handle of it we’ve kept the freezer bowl in the freezer at all times so we can make ice cream any time we want!
8 oz. Cool Whip
14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 qt. Cuisinart Gelateria Ice Cream Maker
Optional: Chocolate Syrup
1) Freeze the freezer bowl at least 12 hours in advance.
2) In a medium or large mixing bowl, mix Cool Whip and Sweetened Condensed Milk.
3) Place freezer bowl on the center of the ice cream maker base.
4) Place mixing arm in freezer bowl.
5) Place lid on base.
6) Choose ice cream setting and turn on.
7) While on, pour mixture through ingredient spout.
8) Add chocolate milk to fill the rest of the freezer bowl. Make sure to leave at least 1/2″ to allow for the ingredients to increase in volume.
9) Replace lid.
10) Let machine run until the mixture has thickened to your liking. I left mine running for about 15 minutes.
11) Once you have reached desired thickness, turn machine off.
12) Transfer ice cream to an airtight container.
13) Place in freezer for about 30 minutes or until it has reached the desired consistency.
Optional – For an extra chocolate flavor, add chocolate sauce or syrup to the original mixture.
Let me know if your favorite ice cream flavor is in the comments below! Do you have a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker? What’s your favorite recipe? I’m always looking for new recipes to try!
Shop my look & supplies!